Makes 4 servings/4(?) cups
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 8 oz. beef or chicken seitan, (4 cutlets)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onions, cut into half-moon slices
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 15 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup vegan beef or chicken stock
- 2 medium russet (baking) potatoes, baked and peeled
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl and dredge both sides of each seitan cutlet; set aside.
- In an uncovered pressure cooker, heat the oil on medium-high. Add the floured seitan and brown for a few minutes, until golden brown. Turn and repeat browning. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Add leftover dredging flour mixture to cooker. Whisk until thickened. Add onion, celery, tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well.
- Add beef/chicken stock and mix well.
- Add browned seitan back into cooker, covering gently with the gravy. Cover and bring to pressure. Cook at high pressure 2 minutes.
- In the meantime, mash the potatoes with a little soy milk and vegan butter. Divide among four serving plates.
- When pressure cooker is done, release pressure immediately, remove lid and serve over the mashed potatoes, like in the picture.