Makes 8 cups/4 servings
- 12 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 tsp dried dill or 2 Tbsp fresh dill
- 4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp smoky hot paprika
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups vegetable stock, divided
- 8 oz. vegan cream cheese or dill havarti
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Saute onions in 2 Tbsp stock; salt lightly. Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, dill, 1/2 cup stock, soy sauce and both paprikas. Stir, cover again, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in remaining stock; cover and simmer another 20 minutes.
- Using immersion blender, blend until mushrooms are much smaller chunks.
- Add cheese; stir until melted. Leave on very low heat until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, add salt, pepper and lemon juice. Garnish with parsley.