Source: Chloe’s Vegan Italian Kitchen
Makes 2 cups/4 servings
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 14 oz. firm tofu, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ¾ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 4 oz. vegan feta, crumbled
- pinch of black salt
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. water over medium-high heat. When steam rises, add the onions, mushrooms and salt. Cook until soft and lightly browned, adding water only to keep food from sticking.
- Add pepper, turmeric, onion and garlic powders; cook 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add tofu, tomatoes, and yeast. Cook until heated through.
- Remove from heat and mix in basil, crushed pepper, feta and black salt.
- Dish up and eat!