Makes 8 scones/8 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted vegan butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup 1″ cubes extra-sharp vegan cheddar
- or 1/2 cup cubed cheddar and 1/2 cup cubed vegan feta
- or add 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives (preferably whole, not sliced or chopped)
- 3 green onions, cleaned, trimmed and chopped into 1″ pieces (both green and white parts)
- 1/3 cup aquafaba
- 1/3 cup soymilk
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line baking pan with parchment.
- In food processor, add flour, salt and baking powder; mix well to combine.
- Add butter pieces and process until mixture looks like crumbs.
- In separate bowl, whisk aquafaba, soymilk and mustard until blended.
- Add cheese and green onion (and olives, if using) to wet ingredients; combine.
- Add wet to dry ingredients. Mix just until everything is evenly moist; dough will be very sticky. Won’t take more than a minute.
- Liberally flour a work area and your hands. Pour out the dough onto the work area and pat dough into a 10″ rectangle 1-2″ high. Cut into 8 rectangle pieces. Place on prepared pan, leaving at least 1″ space between them.
- Bake 23-25 minutes, until nicely browned. Remove from oven and serve warm.
- Taste even better cold.