Makes 1 cup/8 servings of 2 Tbsp.
Notes: A little too runny for my tastes. NEXT TIME, USE LESS WATER AND USE THE TAMPER TO HELP MOVE THE MIXTURE TOWARD THE BLADES
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked 3 hours, drained
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 Tbsp refined coconut oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, softened and chopped
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- Line a 1 1/2-cup glass ramekin with enough plastic wrap to line the ramekin AND cover the cheese mixture. This ensures the cheese will come out easily when ready to present.
- In jet-engine blender (Vitamix/Blendtec), blend all the nut cheese ingredients until smooth. Place half the mixture in the lined ramekin.
- In food processor, combine pesto ingredients (except tomatoes). Top the cheese in the ramekin with the pesto, trying to smooth it out to cover al the cheese.
- Spread out the tomatoes on top of that.
- Add the rest of the nut cheese mixture and smooth the top. Bring the extra plastic wrap up and cover the top of the cheese with it. Refrigerate for several hours until set (can also freeze).
- When ready to serve, line a small appetizer plate with olive oil and dust with dried basil. Uncover top of cheese block and set upside down in middle of plate and remove rest of plastic wrap carefully. Drizzle with more oil and herbs, and top with toasted pine nuts.
- Pair with water crackers or other light cracker.