Source: Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease cookbook, modified
Makes 3 cups/6 servings
First time I made this, I poured alllll the batter into my 12″ nonstick pan. Baaaad idea, especially if the batter is thick like pancake batter. Only cook ONE at a time. Oh, and thin the batter to French toast or crepe batter consistency.
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups water, or more
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 oz. sauteed sliced mushrooms
- In small bowl, combine flour, seasonings, yeast and baking soda. Add 2 cups water and stir until batter is smooth. Add more water as needed to make thin batter, like a crepe.
- Heat nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Pour 1/2 cup batter into the pan as if making pancakes. Sprinkle 1-2 Tbsp. green onions and mushrooms into batter for each omelet as it cooks.
- Flip omelet like a pancake. When underside is browned, flip again and cook other side for a minute.
- Remove and repeat with remaining batter/veggies.
- Serve with tomatoes, spinach, salsa, hot sauce or whatever works for you.