Source: Forks Over Knives Cookbook
Makes 8 cups/4 servings
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 medium red onions, peeled, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. white miso, dissolved in 3 Tbsp hot water
- ½ cup sultana raisins
- 1 pinch saffron, soaked 10 minutes in hot water
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 1 lb. linguine, cooked and kept warm, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid
- 3 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Steam cauliflower in double boiler or steamer basket 6 minutes, or until tender. Drain and rinse, let cool; set aside.
- Place red onions in large saucepan and sauté over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes, or until they are browned (add 1-2 Tbsp. water at a time to keep onions from sticking to pan).
- Add garlic and tomato paste; cook another minute.
- Add dissolved miso, raisins, saffron and its liquid, and capers. Simmer mixture 2 minutes.
- Add steamed cauliflower, stirring until heated through; then add the pasta. Toss well, adding reserved pasta water as needed if mixture is too thick.
- Serve garnished with pine nuts and parsley.