Source: Betty Goes Vegan
Makes 2 half-pita sandwiches/ Serves 2
- 2 vegan chicken patties
- 4 slices vegan bacon
- 1 large whole wheat pita
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- ½ cup raw baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium Roma tomato, sliced
- ½ cup fresh sprouts
- ¼ cup vegan Ranch dressing
- 4 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In 8×8 glass baking dish, put chicken patties. Pour a little safflower oil on each patty. Spread the oil to cover. Flip the patties and repeat the oiling. Place 2 slices bacon on each patty.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until bacon is crispy around the edges. At this point, you can cool, cover and refrigerate these items until the next day if you’d like a cold sandwich.
- When ready to assemble sandwiches, gently break up the bacon and chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Slightly heat the pita by wrapping it in a lightly dampened paper towel long enough to wrap around it and place it in the microwave for about 15 seconds, enough to make it pliable enough to open after cutting it in half.
- Fill each pita half with equal portions of chicken, bacon, avocado, spinach, tomato and sprouts; drizzle 2 Tbsp. dressing over each filling, and sprinkle equal portions of seeds over that.
- Make a diaper out of paper towels to hold the sandwich because it WILL fall apart. But oh so worth it when you taste it.