Source: Chloe’s Vegan Italian Kitchen
- 1 cup Shiitake Bacon or Premium Bacon, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Bacun Grease
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz silken tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan Parmesan
- Heat bacon grease in skillet on medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy; remove and set aside.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook according to directions. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking water and drain the rest from the pasta. Rinse pasta and return to pot with reserved cooking water.
- In bacon skillet, heat a little oil over medium heat. Add onion. Saute 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add garlic and cook another 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- In blender, combine onion, garlic, tofu, water, lemon juice and salt. Process on high until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add sauce to pasta and toss to coat. Season with pepper. Let sit for about 5 minutes to allow sauce to thicken slightly.
- Top with bacon, parsley and parmesan. Serve.