Source: Betty Goes Vegan
Makes 8 cups/4 servings
- 6 cups vegan chicken broth
- 3 oz. orzo, (1/3 cup)
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp lemon zest (1 lemon)
- ⅓ cup lemon juice (1 lemon)
- ½ preserved lemon, seeded and minced
- ⅛ tsp dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz. vegan chicken, chopped
- 1 cup No-Yolks Sauce
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped (garnish)
- In large pot, bring broth to boil on high. Add orzo. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to simmer. With a whisk, blend in yeast and turmeric.
- Once yeast dissolves, add lemon juice and zest, preserved lemon, thyme, garlic, and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Add salt as needed.
- Stir in chicken and no-yolks sauce, simmer gently to warm chicken.
- Serve, garnished with parsley.